Login     Sign up
Tony (@papaformigas)
72 months ago

Hi I am trying to install JCow on my server but get weired responses from the software.

I am installing it from QuickInstall from cpanel on my server.

When I call the straight url i get a file to download.

then when i call install.php i got first an error, then after installing it again i got it to give me these errors:

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; PageBar has a deprecated constructor in /home3/willysbr/public_html/medvet.pt/Jcow/includes/libs/common.inc.php on line 519

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; story has a deprecated constructor in /home3/willysbr/public_html/medvet.pt/Jcow/includes/libs/story.inc.php on line 10

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /home3/willysbr/public_html/medvet.pt/Jcow/includes/libs/db.inc.php:82 Stack trace: #0 /home3/willysbr/public_html/medvet.pt/Jcow/includes/libs/misc.inc.php(12): sql_connect('localhost', 'willysbr_jcwn2', 'HX9FRncM1WSuM72', 'willysbr_jcwn2') #1 /home3/willysbr/public_html/medvet.pt/Jcow/includes/boot.inc.php(12): require_once('/home3/willysbr...') #2 /home3/willysbr/public_html/medvet.pt/Jcow/index.php(20): require_once('/home3/willysbr...') #3 {main} thrown in /home3/willysbr/public_html/medvet.pt/Jcow/includes/libs/db.inc.php on line 82

So can yopu help me here?

thanks.

1 people followed this question

mysql_connect? what version of jcow is that?

it seems your php version is 7.x and parts of the jcow script don't work on version 7 without modifications

Jcow Master @falcone
72 months ago