Login     Sign up
Admin Approval
gadgetboyeee (@gadgetboyeee)
Community posts: 21
View Profile
Send Message

Here’s the question… Is there a way the “Admin” can approve someone before giving access to the network… My class site is public but it is dedicated to my class of ‘72 and I don’t want the world logging in our semi private site. The option of “Public – everyone can sign up to your site” , or “Private – only invited people can sign up” falls a bit short… The second option might restrict but I am thinking when someone registers they might get an email saying "you have been approved" (or not) here is a temporary password… please change it when you log in and only then they will have access… Bottom line I’d like to help ensure I am running a clean site. I don’t want to offend any of my classmates. I’d like to approve someone who has signed up… If this is at all do able…

The second thing is the "Admin" is installed by default (a good thing) but I would like to hide this account from general view... I created another account as a general member for the full experience... is there a way not to show the "Admin"? can you make it anonymous?

167 months ago
adil (@adil)
Community posts: 202
View Profile
Send Message

change the attribute for the Admin to be not shown in the browse it is in the account setting!!!

167 months ago
Mohammad Emran (@monemran)
Community posts: 28
View Profile
Send Message

you can apply a tricks not to show admin on the recent logins or recent members like this.

Open theme's page.tpl.php and go to line no 170.

change with following query.it will not show admin.
[code]
$res = sql_query("SELECT * from ".tb()."accounts where roles!=3 order by lastlogin desc limit 20");
[/code]

regarding singup module, i m trying to write which can be validdate by email. when it will finished, i will share it with community.

167 months ago
View Profile
Send Message

Adil
I did make that change... That was not my only issue I was speaking of "Recent Logins:" if the "Admin" logs in his Avatar is shown with all the other members... I am trying to hide the Admin from ALL views...

I think I have it figured out though...

167 months ago
View Profile
Send Message

Monemran... Thanks for the tip I will give it a try...

As for the module... PLEASE keep me in the loop... I will me the first one to try it out...

And thanks in advance for writing it... it will be huge...

167 months ago
View Profile
Send Message

Just wanted to drop a note back... That change was EXACTLY what I was looking for... Thanks!!!!

I still believe it should be a condition that can be changed from the Admin Panel... Still Many Thanks...

167 months ago