Login     Sign up
gadgetboyeee (@gadgetboyeee)
Community posts: 21
View Profile
Send Message

I will apologize in advance if this question has been asked and answered… I was unable to find it…

First I would like to thank (a HUGE THANKS) to all that have created this wonderful software… Frankly I was getting a little tired of FACE BOOK… Not the theme!…

I am a “NOOB” to programming… It’s not my first language (some might comment English isn’t either)

I am testing “JCOW” I would like to implement it on a high school web site I host for a bunch of old classmates… (1972) we didn’t have computers back in the day… lol

Here’s the question… Is there a way the “Admin” can approve someone before giving access to the network… The class site is public but it is dedicated to my class of ‘72 and I don’t want the world logging in our semi private site. The option of “Public – everyone can sign up to your site” , or “Private – only invited people can sign up” falls a bit short… The second option might restrict but I am thinking when someone registers they might get an email saying "you have been approved" (or not) here is a temporary password… please change it when you log in and only then they will have access… Bottom line I’d like to help ensure I am running a clean site. I don’t want to offend any of my classmates. I’d like to approve someone who has signed up… If this is at all do able…

The second thing is the "Admin" is installed by default (a good thing) but I would like to hide this account from general view... I created another account as a general member for the full experience... is there a way not to show the "Admin"?
Many thx
Sheldon

167 months ago
Abhimanyu (@abhimanyusharma003)
Community posts: 124
View Profile
Send Message

yes... you can hide your admin account..
log in to your site and go to privacy setting... there you can hide it from browsing...

and thing most needed is how user can UN-register themselves

167 months ago
View Profile
Send Message

Thanks for getting back... I saw that setting... made the change... but in my case the "Admin" still shows up in "Recent Logins:" I think it would be great to be invisible...

167 months ago
AL (@switch48)
Community posts: 450
View Profile
Send Message

[quote=gadgetboyeee]Thanks for getting back... I saw that setting... made the change... but in my case the "Admin" still shows up in "Recent Logins:" I think it would be great to be invisible... [/quote]

Hi,
Is it just the name admin you would not like users to see..

167 months ago
View Profile
Send Message

Switch48,
No I was saying ( I believe) the "Admin" (or Moderator) account should have a choice of being visible, or invisible... completely anonymous... On many hosted sites we know there is someone who might watch "posts" for conduct... or might choose to "Ban" a "user" Much like this forum I have no idea who the admin is... However it would be nice to have the choice...

The "JCOW" site I want to implement would have me as the "Admin" and another user (also "Me") as a general member... There are certain cases where I don't want other members to know "I am the man behind the curtain"

It's not a deal breaker... I am just saying it's would be nice to have that choice... My biggest concern is member approval... I just don't want anyone who happens to find the site signing up for it... I'd like to approve members before giving them access...
Thx
Sheldon

167 months ago
AL (@switch48)
View Profile
Send Message

[quote=gadgetboyeee]Switch48,
No I was saying ( I believe) the "Admin" (or Moderator) account should have a choice of being visible, or invisible... completely anonymous... On many hosted sites we know there is someone who might watch "posts" for conduct... or might choose to "Ban" a "user" Much like this forum I have no idea who the admin is... However it would be nice to have the choice...

The "JCOW" site I want to implement would have me as the "Admin" and another user (also "Me") as a general member... There are certain cases where I don't want other members to know "I am the man behind the curtain"

It's not a deal breaker... I am just saying it's would be nice to have that choice... My biggest concern is member approval... I just don't want anyone who happens to find the site signing up for it... I'd like to approve members before giving them access...
Thx
Sheldon [/quote]

Oh ok ,I totally agree there should be a way to approve people before they are accepted as members ..

As for the admin being visible or not thing I think that assigning yourself admin rights under a username and deleting the admin account does it for me and you can always delete,ban members at your will ... :) aarrrggghhhh the power LOL

167 months ago
View Profile
Send Message

HA... I thought of giving my general user "the power of the dark side"But then I have to consider the "Idiot Factor" when you are doing 15 things at one time in cmd line and blow up something... been there too many times lol...

Perhaps I should have submitted my question as a feature request... hmmm might just have to do that...
Thx

167 months ago
AL (@switch48)
View Profile
Send Message

LoL affirmative to that mate...

167 months ago
Mohammad Emran (@monemran)
Community posts: 28
View Profile
Send Message

you can apply a tricks not to show admin on the recent logins or recent members like this.

Open theme's page.tpl.php and go to line no 170.

change with following query.it will not show admin.
[code]
$res = sql_query("SELECT * from ".tb()."accounts where roles!=3 order by lastlogin desc limit 20");
[/code]

regarding singup module, i m trying to write which can be validdate by email. when it will finished, i will share it with community.

167 months ago