Login     Sign up
Started own community script coding.. again
Sebastian (@fashawn)
Community posts: 17
View Profile
Send Message

Hi,
i don't use any code from JCow because as I said i'm using my own code from scratch. The thing with "making the system more messy and slower" that's not true. I cleaned much code from JCow and it's become much faster (less SQL queries, unnecessary function calls, ...) Unsecure because first the use of md5 crypting (which is awful), session hijacking, sql injection. Tested on my localhost with different methods.

Sound like i'm bashing JCow but that's not true =)
I still like JCow hmm why.. maybe its now one of the opensource scripts which is good. Still sad that it doesn't have the groups module in his base package. Enough about that all ^^

I like JCow even if it doesn't look like it =)
Now i'm back to my code and i keep my eye on JCow.

Greetings
Sebastian

167 months ago
Vincent T (@vincent)
Community posts: 298
View Profile
Send Message

Hi fashawn,
Since your codes is irrelevant to Jcow, the only words I need to say is "Good Luck".
As for the Jcow script, no one could say his script is 100% perfect, if you really found some bugs, you are welcome to point it out clearly.(email for serious bugs, as many of other Jcow users did).
Thanks.

167 months ago
Vincent T (@vincent)
Community posts: 298
View Profile
Send Message

still haven't received any report from you. Please send details of the "Tested on my localhost with different methods", to avoid misunderstanding from others.
thanks.

167 months ago
Carl (@carl)
Community posts: 2
View Profile
Send Message

I'm currently developing a Jcow theme.
I've been using Smarty for many years. Smarty is cool but it's not the only choice for template engine. Jcow template is faster and more flexible. It's very smart and similar to Drupal Template.
Smarty is suitable for beginner and small project.

@jumanji
Smarty Caching can not handle user-based content.

@fashawn
How did you make the conclusion of unsecure?

167 months ago
Syafiq Zainal (@syafiqzainal)
Community posts: 25
View Profile
Send Message

quite.....

166 months ago
Sanam Khan (@sanam)
Community posts: 1
View Profile
Send Message

thanks

166 months ago
Jerry Thompson (@gerardie)
Community posts: 7
View Profile
Send Message

Seems like you are good at coding. Do you have any ideas how to change the home page(after logging in) to the news feed page. I want the news feeds to be the home page after someone logs in.

Thanks

166 months ago
adil (@adil)
Community posts: 202
View Profile
Send Message

Why ... Dashborad have some news in it if u want more news expand it from /my/config.php

166 months ago
Tim (@timothy)
Community posts: 31
View Profile
Send Message

Hello Vincent, I bought the Jcow Ultimate Suit from your website for $299 which comes with support. I have been trying to reach your company with questions with regards to my entitled support but my numerous emails have gone unreplied except for one or two initial emails.

I had to come to this community for help and as a novice in php coding I am finding it difficult! This is not a fair sales practice. Please who do I contact to get the support I paid for?

159 months ago
Tim (@timothy)
View Profile
Send Message

Hello Vincent, I bought the Jcow Ultimate Suit from your website for $299 which comes with support. I have been trying to reach your company with questions with regards to my entitled support but my numerous emails have gone unreplied except for one or two initial emails.

I had to come to this community for help and as a novice in php coding I am finding it difficult! This is not a fair sales practice. Please who do I contact to get the support I paid for?

Tks

159 months ago
Tim (@timothy)
View Profile
Send Message

Please find below my conversation with jcow support regarding the freedom I should have for the package I paid $300 for:

MY QUESTION:

I bought Jcow Ultimate package and would like to know the following:

1. As an open source code, what are the limits in terms of how much of my Jcow code I can change or adapt to the needs of the social network website I have.
  2. How many seperate social network sites can I create with the Jcow Ultimate package I paid for? 

Looking forward to your response.
Thanks.

JCOW RESPONSE

Hi,
Jcow Ultimate is relased under "commercial license"(not opensource license). Per the license agreement, you can only install it in One domain/site.

MY REPLY

Hi,
What you have written is contrary to what a member of you staff told me.
I have been told it is an open source license and I bought it for $300, which is the most expensive package you have in your stock.

Can you investigate my package further and give me a response. I will also put this conversation in the forum.

Your response is urgent and important to ascertain I have not been mislead into paying so much money.

1. You seem to have ignored the question on the extent the source code can be adapted. Can I also have your name.

Thanks

157 months ago
Prev 1 2