Login     Sign up
Can I use my paid for software on multiple sites? Need some advice please.
Tim (@timothy)
Community posts: 31
View Profile
Send Message

Please find below my conversation with jcow support regarding the freedom I should have for the package I paid $300 for:

MY QUESTION:

I bought Jcow Ultimate package and would like to know the following:

1. As an open source code, what are the limits in terms of how much of my Jcow code I can change or adapt to the needs of the social network website I have.
  2. How many seperate social network sites can I create with the Jcow Ultimate package I paid for? 

Looking forward to your response.
Thanks.

JCOW RESPONSE

Hi,
Jcow Ultimate is relased under "commercial license"(not opensource license). Per the license agreement, you can only install it in One domain/site.

MY REPLY

Hi,
What you have written is contrary to what a member of you staff told me.
I have been told it is an open source license and I bought it for $300, which is the most expensive package you have in your stock.

Can you investigate my package further and give me a response. I will also put this conversation in the forum.

Your response is urgent and important to ascertain I have not been mislead into paying so much money.

1. You seem to have ignored the question on the extent the source code can be adapted. Can I also have your name.

Thanks

157 months ago
Shawn Lyte (@bmfsports)
Community posts: 61
View Profile
Send Message

I'm not aware of what you may have read or been told, but I believe all of us who pre-ordered the Pro release read on the site and/or the Read Me file that each core package purchased comes with a single domain license.

I'm not sure if the free versions are open source, but many developers have made and do make modifications to the 4.x and 3.x versions, and many are working on developing modules for 5.x.

157 months ago