Login     Sign up
HELP! Change the Link Bars at the top!
Billy Martin (@bmartin)
Community posts: 40
View Profile
Send Message

I am trying to change the link bars at the top. Where it says home, profile, Friends, exc..

I am looking for a way to change the word friends to Pals any insight on how to do this would be great!

Thanks,

William
[url]http://www.gotpals.com[/url]

160 months ago
Shawn Lyte (@bmfsports)
Community posts: 61
View Profile
Send Message

There is a program called Stylizer that will allow you to WYSIWYG edit your CSS, which may do it for you. They offer a fully functional free trial. [url]http://www.skybound.ca/[/url]

160 months ago
AL (@switch48)
Community posts: 450
View Profile
Send Message

in your common.inc.php file search for Friends ,should be in function frd_request

jusy make sure you change the one with capital F...

160 months ago
AL (@switch48)
View Profile
Send Message

[quote=switch48]in your common.inc.php file search for Friends ,should be in function frd_request

just make sure you change the one with capital F... around line 730 i think[/quote]

160 months ago
Billy Martin (@bmartin)
View Profile
Send Message

[quote=switch48] [/quote]

In the include/libs/common.php file I found this line:

<a href="'.$link.'" id="jcow_frd_link">Friends <span id="jcow_frd_new">'.$frd_new.'</span></a>';

When I change it I end up with a bunch of line errors telling me where the script starts!

I am script retarded, but I get by with the very little I know! I wish Jcow would put the menu change back in! This sucks! I fix one line and end up with 3 more to fix! There has to be an easier way.

Do you have any other ideas?

160 months ago
AL (@switch48)
View Profile
Send Message

Sorry forgot to ask what version you using as this is for 4.x

and the line should look like this

[code]
return url('friends/requests',t('Friends').'<span> ('.$row['num'].')</span>');
[/code]

I think maybe you are on V5 if so sorry mate I am not using that version :D

160 months ago
Billy Martin (@bmartin)
View Profile
Send Message

Yea and sofar it blows *** I try to change 1 thing and 10 more pop that I have to change. I should of stuck with 4 it was easier to manipulate.

thanks for trying. ;)

give me a few months I will know it upside down and inside out. not a thing in the script i cant fix to make it work me. just some times i am to lazzy or just dont have the time.

160 months ago
AL (@switch48)
View Profile
Send Message

:) I hear you mate never enough time.

159 months ago
Tim (@timothy)
Community posts: 31
View Profile
Send Message

Can some one pls help me.

On logging in, we have links like dashboard, activity feed, browse etc.

Going to the 'group' link, and clicking it, we have two menues 'Mine' and 'Browse'. 'Mine' comes up as default.

Can someone pls direct me on how to make the 'Browse' the default (i.e. opens first) and not the 'Mine' when I click the 'group' link.

Tks.

159 months ago
Billy Martin (@bmartin)
View Profile
Send Message

This is really easy.

1.) open your admin account

2.) find the app menu and open it

3.) at the top you will find My homepage set this to the one you want hit save

4.) open your admin control panel

5.) click on Modules make sure the app Module is not checked click save(this step keeps your users from changing their home page)

6.) go back to your admin control panel find the Menu open it reset any Menu names that changed

hope this works for you like it did for me

[url]http://www.gotpals.com[/url]

159 months ago
Tim (@timothy)
View Profile
Send Message

bmartin

Tks for your reply.
However I feel I need to explain what I mean:

When you click the Group menu, I want the visitor to immediately arrive at the "browse" submenu and not the "mine" submenu which is currently the default.

The Browse I am refering to is not the "browse" menu which you see on loggin in, but the "browse" submenu you see when you click group.

Can you still help?

159 months ago
Tim (@timothy)
View Profile
Send Message

I would like a situation where during signup the new members are able to tag their avater or image from a drop down list, just like location the list. The tags on the image will appear below the image where ever the image appears, even on the home scrolling page. Where do I find the file and how do I adjust the code.

159 months ago
1 2 Next