Login     Sign up
Which company is behind jcow - how can we ensure system integrity and support
Philip Rees (@piprees)
Community posts: 98
View Profile
Send Message

Which company is behind jcow - how can we ensure system integrity and support ?

In the modern internet world, we see alot of fantastic ideas come and go. Before I start implimenting jcow across all the sites i work and before I start spending money on the system and recomending the Jcow to my clients, id like some assurances that the system has good backing.

There is nothing worse then implimenting software only to find out 6 months later the developers have closed down or lost interest in the project.

So who is behind jcow?

164 months ago
AL (@switch48)
Community posts: 450
View Profile
Send Message

PM vincent mate he might be able to enlighten you on this

164 months ago
Jcow Master (@falcone)
Community posts: 917
View Profile
Send Message

well, if the original devellopers stop the project jcowmaster and jcow Knight Switch48 will go on.

Anyway, the company behind jcow is not very fast in answering this question.

Maybe you should ask this question to Bruce, he is the sales guy.

164 months ago
AL (@switch48)
Community posts: 450
View Profile
Send Message

I totally agree mate long live the order 'bows head to Falcone' ;)...

164 months ago
john mor (@johninhell)
Community posts: 159
View Profile
Send Message

:) me too totally agree with falcone :)

164 months ago
Michael (@cofelice)
Community posts: 52
View Profile
Send Message

piprees,
If you are in it for the big time you might want to shop around. There are a million signs that jcow is not the most reliable software and does not not shed the most promising future. I like it though, it's easy to use.

164 months ago
Philip Rees (@piprees)
View Profile
Send Message

Thanks for the advice, although ive already shopped around quite a bit. Looked at lots of different platforms and to be honest jcow seems to be the most configurable if you have a little bit of html and php experiance - and trust me im no programmer.

I do think the packages are overpriced at present - but then im used to building sites in joomla so im a little spoilt.

If you looking for a nice clean simple social networking platform then i think jcow is it. The others just tend to be to complicated and want to be all whistles and bells detracting from the basic over ridign principle of what made social networking popular in the first place.

Simplicity.

164 months ago
sujay sreedhar (@webkoot)
View Profile
Send Message

me to agre its easy 4 me to make so many modules! Thanx

164 months ago
sujay sreedhar (@webkoot)
View Profile
Send Message

me to agre its easy 4 me to make so many modules! Thanx

164 months ago
Eliz zeta (@eliz)
Community posts: 153
View Profile
Send Message

i will tell you our experience with jcow.
after comparing vldperonals, joomla and soicalengine during more than one month, our team decided to buy a license of socialengine, but the problem was that script is very very slow, we try it in 3 diferent servers and it seems that they have a big problem of code. support told me that there is no problem with it. when we discover jcow in softalcus, it was a big surprise, very very fast, so easy to custumize and not expensive.
it s true that here, from spain, nobody knows about jcow, and there is no websites or documentation or forums and support in spanish.
but we decided to buy a first licence, we are working in our first website and we are very very happy, it s cool, fast and easy. and support team is fantastic.
sure we will buy more licenses, because we belive that jcow will be more famous than joomla social and social engine. it will be cool to have a spanish and french forum, and support.

163 months ago